Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Fun and Christmas Cards....

 
Lots of fun things have been happening around here.
 
The holidays are so fun!!
 
But.. busy!
 
Saturday afternoon.. Eric and Cathy treated all of us to a Brazilian lunch at the Rodizio grill.
 
So yummy.. and even better when the food is free right?
 
So nice of Cathy and Eric to take us all out.
 
( And we made it home in time to beat the snowstorm! )
 
 

After lunch.. I took my niece Serina and Tenney out for some shopping for Serina's birthday.
 
They girls had so much fun trying on clothes, giggling.. and taking over the department store.
 
After they picked out twin shirts and scarfs, we headed to Kneaders for some Hot Chocolate and a yummy dessert.


The Snowstorm is here!
 
Saturday evening.. we spent at my Mom's house.. watching Chad and Chris wire and set up a new home theater for her.  :) 
 
 It is awesome!

 
The rest of the weekend was spent doing this.

Addressing lots and lots of Christmas cards.
 
This year.. I cut back by 50 -- and I still have 150 to send out.
 
It made me sad -- going through my list and seeing many blog friends that I haven't heard from for years.
 
Do I send them a card still?
 
I decided to only send them to friends that I have at least heard from this year.
 
So... I hope no one takes offense if they don't receive a card.. but I feel like if they want to be friends.. they will  make the effort too.
 
It's understandable right??
 
I hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays like we are!
 
Happy Monday!
 
Today I am Grateful for:
 
Thoughtful people.  They change the world.
 
Christmas movies and snuggle time. 
 
Driving around and looking at all of the Beautiful Christmas lights
 
All of the Service given around Christmas
 
The most Wonderful time of the Year!

7 comments:

Rachel Doyle said...

Ann...

I did the same thing too..I have decided friendship has to be a two way street. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas..give your sweet mom a hug for me.

Love, Rachel

Nancy Face said...

Hoping I see one of your sweet cards in my mailbox! ♥

Instead of Christmas cards, I will be sending you a Happy New Year card, because we are waiting for Ted to come home on Christmas leave before we get our family pictures taken! They are scheduled for the Saturday after Christmas. It will be so worth it to me to have ALL of our family together!

Heather said...

What a fun weekend!

I must not of heard you right on the phone. I didn't know your Mom got a theater. I thought you said Chad was wiring something else. How exciting though!

Look forward to your card! I always do! Love you! Merry Christmas!

wendy said...

Hey Ann !!! It has taken me awhile to get back to blogging and reading blogs.
Since coming home, I have had MOSTLY good days, but also a few difficult ones. Booo...such is life eh.
I basically send out very very VERY few cards. Mostly to people I don't blog with, and actually that only that one time of the year, that I really can just send them good wishes.
I wonder about that sometimes. To DO, or NOT to do???
You have been busy, but that is probably good in many ways.
love ya...

Makinzee Loveridge said...

50! Wow I thought my 10 was bad. It is hard to cut back. What a fun shopping day and yes December is fun but crazy!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Happy Holidays! Happy b-day toy our Girl.~Cheers & Blessings Kim

Marianne Le Temps Jadis said...

You send how many cards? 150? Oh wow! Don't feel bad about cutting back on sending cards. If people don't send you a card, you shouldn't either. I sent out my card (to you) real early this year (a first for me LOL). I hope it arrives soon!
Take care,
Marianne.
PS It sounds you had a great time in the weekend!