Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What to do.....with my blog. HELP!


 
Last night as we attempted to upload our Thanksgiving pictures.. I received a notice telling me that my picture quota on Picasa has been met.

  It had reached it's limit.  It was full.
 
poopy.
 
Chad did some quick researching.. and by what we could see... they want to charge me a monthly fee for more space?
 
More poopy news.
 
I am not going to do that.
 
I do not want a monthly fee.  I am fine to pay for more space.. but not a monthly fee.
 
Should I shut down my blog and create a new one that's free??
 
Please tell me oh wise and experienced bloggers what options I have.
 
Ok.. Thanks.. Bye.
 
 
Today I am Grateful for:
 
My house is decorated for Christmas.  Woot!
 
Festival of Trees this week.  I always love the festival.
 
KSL.  Selling many things I de-junked.. just in time for Christmas.
 
Thursday is my Dad's Birthday.  We are all going to dinner and then to do Sealings in the Temple.
I can't wait.
 
Friday is the Killers Concert.  No explanations needed on how EXCITED I am.
 
*wish I had backstage passes*

10 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Ann Marie
This happened to me with my first blog & now that I am on my 2nd one, I am close to reaching my upload quota again so will have to figure out what to do too :-(
The only sad part about shutting down one blog and starting a new one is that I found I lost all my followers!
Good Luck.
Festival of Trees sounds wonderful ♥

Coco said...

I have a lot of friends who have run into this. Many pay, and say it's not a lot... but I don't think I'd be willing to pay.... others start a new blog... with the new address listed on the last post of their old one... but they do lose some followers who forget to change their auto feed... but for what it's worth... I think I'd rather lose readers who don't like my blog well enough to just change the address anyway... go free all the way! :)

Marianne Le Temps Jadis said...

You could link it to a Google+ account, you would get more disc space. Also if your picture are smaller they don't count. You don't have to use Google+, just open an account and link it to your blogspot account.
I would advice you to downsize your pics before uploading them to your blog anyway, it saves space. If you use them straight from the camera they use up too much space and also take more time to load.
Take care,
Marianne.

Cami V said...

This just happened to me this week too. I have been wondering the same thing. I can't add any pictures. Let me know what you decide. I haven't decided yet.

Emily said...

This happened to me this week too. Did they just change it or have we all reached our quota at the same time? Weird! From what I can tell, if a picture is below a certain size then it doesn't count towards your quota. So you just need to resize any new photos you upload. Do you use Picasa to edit photos? If so, it will resize them automatically if you Export them to a new folder. That's what I plan on doing. Crossing my fingers it works! I really don't want to start paying for more space...or shut down my blog! I like that Google+ idea too. I'll look into that as well.

Heather said...

That is poopey! I wouldn't have a clue what to do.

I love that you are going to the Temple on your dad's birthday! So prefect! :)

Jenny Lynn said...

I have had the same problem. And have been considering moving my blogs somewhere else. Since I linked to Google+ I seem to have more room. Still trying to figure it all out as well.

Nancy Face said...

I got to that point several months ago, and I just had to pay 5 bucks for the coming year. I don't know if this is something new, the monthly fee...?

Cam said...

Mine is only a $5/ year fee as well. I think I am "grandfathered" into that plan, because its not trying to charge me more than that. You could delete the posts you've printed into books? Not sure what works- good luck!

Donna said...

P.S. I hope you have a great time at the Killers concert!!